Horay, I went to a Ball!!
I can't say as I've ever been to a Ball before. But, I've certainly read about them in Disney classics, like Cindarella and Beauty and the Beast. This, was not that kind of Ball. But still, it was fun. Sponsored by the British Women's Association, or BWA, this is an annual co-ed event, in which everyone gets dressed-up in black tie, ball gowns or cocktail attire, and they watch a show, eat good food, and maybe even dance. Almost every large expat group in the city has a yearly Ball for it's members and guests to celebrate the organization, and raise some money for charity. Some organizations like to have a theme to their Ball, others do not. This year's BWA Ball had the theme, "Divas." The show they put on was a dance and "fashion show" (from local stores), staged to the music of all the hottest "diva" singers (Rihanna, Katy Perry, Pink, Adele, Beyonce, Christina Aguilerra, Mariah Carey), and interspersed with the stage show were video clips of divas whose heyday was in years past (Donna Summer, Barbara Streisand, Cher, Aretha Franklin, etc.)
So, I got all diva'd-up, held onto my prince charming, and we rode in our chariot to the Ball. Attached are some pictures of us and our friends from the evening.










No comments:
Post a Comment