In the expat world, you meet so many fascinating people who come from, have lived in, and have traveled all over the world. But sometimes, I know it is nice to meet some people from your own home country. Well, when I started calculating how many friends I had who were South African, I thought it would be so much fun to get them all together! So, with the help of my "Saffas" friends, Darren and I hosted our first South African barbecue or Braai.
Beer, babies and braai all made for a very fun day!
 |
| Malcolm manning the grill! |
Our Menu included the following:
Boerewors (sausages), Vetkoek and curry mince and apricot jam, paptert (grits), South African Tastic rice, mulva pudding, chicken curry and Table Mountain wine, Babotie (like meat loaf, but way better), chakalaka (vegetable dish)
 |
| Cheers! |
 |
| When Rory got in the pool with the baby, someone hollered, "Careful not to spill the BEER!!!" |
 |
| Just kidding!!! |
 |
| Yummy Chicken Curry! |
 |
| Vetkoek and curry mince and apricot jam |
And, a performance by Gaby!
 |
| Later in the day, the kids were all snug as a bug in a rug watching a movie. |
 |
| Adorable Eva, who doesn't go anywhere without her fascinator and her pantie purse! |
 |
| The remnants of a very good party!! Those South Africans sure know how to eat well!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment