For the 2012 Presidential Election, I predicted an Obama win for a long time. Actually, always. I never for a second thought that Mitt and his team would win. I kept telling my Obama-supporting friends back home not to worry. I knew he would win. In fact, the night before election day, I posted the following message on
Facebook:
Victoria
November 6, 2012 near Jakarta
Hey Americans: Since I'm 12 hours ahead of you in Jakarta, I already know who won the election . . . . . Yup. You got THAT right. Barack rocked! I'm going to be toasting champagne tomorrow, when you guys finally catch up and find out what I already know. :-)
Due to the time difference, we watched the results on TV starting at 7:00 AM on WEDNESDAY Jakarta time! For food, we'll enjoyed some Barack bagels, pro-choice cream cheese, Joe Biden jam, save health care coffee, voting day vegetables, social security cinnamon rolls, anti-war watermelon, gay rights grapes, social security salad, global warming juice and definitely some quivering Republican quiche! It was all in good fun though.
 |
| What do we do while we're waiting for results to trickle in? Trading tips on good DVD's, of course! |
 |
Our youngest Obama fan, Leo! Love the Colbert shirt, don't you? |
 |
Food fit for a king . . . or a President!
|
 |
| Watching patiently as the state results trickle in. . . |
 |
| The results were looking very good, so we had the champagne chillin'. |
 |
| CNN called it an OBAMA victory by 11:30 am Jakarta time. HOOORAY! |
 |
| HORAYYYYYYYYYYY!!! |
 |
| Getting ready for a toast! |
 |
| Our election party VICTORY TOAST! Most of our election-day fans were able to stay until the victorious end (some had to leave early). |
 |
| Thanks to Judy and Ivan for getting out the vote in Colorado and helping it to go BLUE for Obama!! |
 |
When Logan and Natasha came home from school at 2:30, I was excited to tell them the news that Barack Obama had been re-elected. and would be the President for the next four years They were very excited since they've been to "Obama's White House" for the Easter Egg roll and so therefore they KNOW him. :-)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment