Saturday, November 3, 2012

Livin' La Vida Loca at La Gala Latina Blanca!


Some friends and I attended a ball sponsored by the Ibero-American Association (formerly the Latin American Women's Association).  The Ibero-American Association is a non-profit organization of multi-national members, mainly from Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries with an interest to learn, practice, and share their cultures.

This year, they sponsored the White Latin Ball, a black-tie affair.  My two friends, Nicole, Samita and I all chose to wear black dresses.  Daring?  Risque?  Livin' la vida loca?  Not really.  Many others did the same, although we realized we were not going to win the "best white dress" costume.






My friend Gladys was one of the key organizers for this Latin Ball.


Nicole and I, with our friend and real estate agent, Vera.


During the Parade of Flags, representing all of the Latin American Countries involved in this event, they had a local school perform a traditional Indonesian song with instruments.

In October, the Ibero-American Association sponsored a fashion show, to which I took my mother.  Apparently, she had such a profound affect on the Jakarta social scene, that we got our picture on the November issue of Now Jakarta Magazine!  Internationally
recognized, at last!


No comments:

Post a Comment