Sunday, December 9, 2012

I Celebrated Hanukkah with my friend Monica . . .

Okay, so it's not really true that I celebrated Hanukkah with anyone name Monica, but I love those Adam Sandler Hanukkah songs so much, I just had to work it in here somehow.  In truth, we celebrated Hanukkah with several of our Jewish friends here in Jakarta, and a few other close friends as well.
We hosted the party at our house.  The day before dinner, I baked cookies with my kids and used menorah and dreidel cookie cutters.  

Then, I made brisket and latkes, matzo ball soup, and I even 

managed to make Kasha Varnishkas!

Many of these items were thanks to a delivery from America of 

 Jewish favorites!  It was a delicious meal, but oy vey, it made me

 feel like such a Jewish mother! 





The kids each brought 1 present for another child, which I promptly hid after they arrived.  Then, the kids got to search high and low for their Hanukkah presents.



Lighting the Hanukkah candles.




No comments:

Post a Comment