Friday, January 18, 2013

Stardate: January 18, 2013 - Beam me up, Scotty!


Today, my 44th Birthday, and everything is wet and rainy and flooded and the kids are home from school. Babysitting is definitely not one of the things I had planned to do on my birthday! But, we're going to forge ahead down some clear roads to the mall and take in a movie to make the most of it.

To all our friends and relatives who have heard about the extreme flooding in Jakarta. YES there have been lots of rains! Unprecedented according to everyone I talk to.

However, we are doing fine-luckily the floods have not hit our area yet. In fact, its unusually dry around our home and no problems with getting around the streets in and around our home. However many many people have been affected by the floods and it is not over yet. The schools are closed and the city will be in a state of emergency for the next 10 days. I hope and prey that the rain stops soon and that I can celebrate my birthday with my friends tomorrow night.  I just hope that Jakarta makes it through this devastating situation very quickly! 


Below are photos of Jakarta's flooded streets, taken outside a friend's apartment building. The color of the water is frightening enough let alone the water level.








No comments:

Post a Comment